Good Book Series for Quarantine: Post 1

     Hey everyone! This is the first post in a series I am going to do on some good series of books to read during quarantine. I am going to be going over multiple series, giving my opinions on them overall and hopefully giving you some ideas on what you might want to pick up at the library!

    This weeks post is going to about the H.I.V.E series by Mark Walden. In total, there are 8 books in the series, but there is speculation of a 9th coming soon, in 2020 (unlikely) or 2021. The H.I.V.E series is about a kid named Otto Malpense who is selected for education in a school for villains. At H.I.V.E, he meets many new people, and discovers that now that he has been entered into this world of deceit and evil, he cannot leave. He and his new friends go on many adventures throughout the series, and must save H.I.V.E and the official organization of evil, G.L.O.V.E., many times. Also, for any of you nerds smart people out there, there is also a homicidal AI that never seems to die in most of the middle books of the series. So, just a warning of caution when trying to create an AI, never allow it access to any kind of methods of attacking anything, unless that is your intent, in which case you might need more serious help. 

    This series is full of action, humor, and will definitely leave you on some pretty major cliffhangers. I found this series extremely enjoyable and wholly recommend this series to anyone who likes action, spy books, or just a good book to sit done with and binge. I also find this series extremely good now because it has so many books. Most other series usually end around 4 or 5 at most, but H.I.V.E just keeps going. Just books 5 to 8 took me 10 days to read, and I am a pretty fast reader. Meaning that if you don't rush through the entire series, it will probably take you enough time that you will finish just in time for my next post! So, if you find yourself sitting around the house not sure what to do, maybe try out H.I.V.E! See you in four weeks for the next post and series to try out!

    -David

Higher Institute of Villainous Education – Lucy's Coloured Pencils


Comments

  1. This series H.I.V.E sounds very similar to another series I read, Spy School. It has similar ideas, but I like the twist that these guys are bad, working for an organization that they don't necessarily agree with, but cannot leave. That seems like the way these things go in real life too. I may check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When mentioning that the main character cannot leave the society he is now a member of I took it to mean that he wants to leave, but is unable to. Am I interpreting this wrong? I think that the unwillingness could provide an interesting aspect to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. H.I.V.E sounds like an interesting series, I do not really find myself interested in fiction very much but the way you describe this series makes it sound very appealing. Thank you for the introduction to the series and the light, easy to read review. Also, I cant tell who you are from the blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts