Become a Jedi while stuck in quarantine - Yan L

     2020 only has 2 months left, and we've spent more than half of this year stuck in quarantine. I think most people, even the most introverted ones, have started to get bored or frustrated in this pandemic. Therefore, I will introduce something you can do until this outbreak ends: become a Jedi!

    "The Jedi Path" is a textbook that explains everything you want to know about the Jedi. From the Jedi code to their responsibilities, and even lightsaber forms, this is perfect for any Star Wars fan. The book is written like an actual textbook from the SW universe, informing the readers about locations, species, and many more. It even has annotations of famous Jedi and sith. Each person leaving some notes and passing it down to their apprentices, starting with Yoda, then Thame Cerulian, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Darth Sidious, and eventually Luke Skywalker. Everyone's annotations are also writing in different fonts and ways of speech which really helps to make the readers believe this is one of the sacred texts from the movies.



    There is not much more I can say about this book without spoiling it. It is written like a textbook so besides a short history summary, there is not much plot, just additional information that wasn't mentioned in the movies. It also includes really cool images like paintings, sketches, and blueprints of spaceships, so if you're someone who likes to draw you can use this book as reference. 

    I really enjoyed this book, I bought it during my Star Wars loving phase so reading this again was very nostalgic. I'm sure anyone who is a little bit interested in the movies will like this book, it is a very short read with only 160 pages. So, right after reading this you can go train in the ways of a Jedi and unlock your force powers, and if you don't like Jedi (apparently the plural of Jedi is also Jedi), don't worry, this is only one of the books in a four-book series. Which includes "Book of Sith", "The Bounty Hunter Code", and "Imperial Handbook". 


    

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post! To be honest, I have been a Star Wars fan, even though I didn't get the chance to see the movies. It sounds very fun, and I liked the idea of passing the book to each one's apprentice! I look forward in reading that, as well as the other books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This type of book is always interesting to read. Supplementary books like this one are so great because they just expand on the series' world in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book gets a 3/10 from me. It was a fun read and expanded my view of the already deep Star Wars universe, but when I tried to force pull some milk to me I got it splashed all over me. This book doesn't teach me anything about precise force manipulation or mind tricks. Definitely read if you want to be a youngling at age 22.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting... This seems like a really cool and interesting follow up from the Star Wars series and your description sounds fascinating, but from all the Star War fanfictions and unofficial continuations of the series, I have low expectations. I just don't think that these books have the same integrity of the original series. Nice post, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if it isn't real, I really like the concept of this book. It sounds very interesting and something that I would like to read. I like how the author tried to keep it as realistic as possible and how there are signs that this book has been "passed down." It sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts