Good Series For Quarantine: Post 6

     Hello fellow humans! Welcome back to Good Series for Quarantine! In this post, I am going to be looking at the Horizon series, in which each book has a different author, just to spice things up.

    This series is five books long, and, as mentioned, each book in the series is written by a different author, which changes the writing style between books, which I find interesting. This series is definitely not as long as some of the others that I have talked about in previous blog posts, but it is the most mystery-oriented of all of them (there is also plenty of action don't worry). The story starts with introducing the 5 main characters, Molly, Javi, Anna, Oliver, and Yoshi. Molly, Javi, and Anna are members of Team Killbot, a robotics team that has created soccer-playing robots. They are going to Tokyo to compete in the championships, due to a higher-ranked team's robots getting broken. Oliver is Molly's brother who is coming along with them. Yoshi is going back to Japan where his father is because he took the katana that he was going to inherit to America. He was not aware that the katana is too important to leave the country because it is "cultural property," and wanted to not have to go back to Japan to get it. 

    However, it turns out that he will not need to worry about that for a while because, during the flight, the plane is attacked by an unknown force, that rips off the roof and kills everybody except for these 5, as far as they can tell, and they crash land in... a rainforest? Perhaps that katana will come in handy. The members of Team Killbot and Yoshi have to band together to survive in the rainforest and figure out where the heck they are, since the last time they checked, they were over the arctic circle. Throughout the book, they make many puzzling discoveries, that you will have to read the book and the rest of the series to find out. I, unfortunately, have not been able to read the last two, and am hoping to be able to get a hold of them at some point and finally get to the bottom of the mystery that has been eating at me for ages. This series is so full of mysteries that you never want to put it down, especially if you like some action thrown in there as well because surviving in a rainforest is not exactly easy without many resources. If you are a fan of mystery, then I have a feeling you will really enjoy this series. Another aspect of this book that I like is the way that chapters are usually narrated from the 3rd person view of a character, which allows you to get a good understanding of all the characters, which I really like. Overall, this book series is just really good and you should read it. See you next time with something else, maybe I'll spice it up a bit. ;)


    -David

    







Comments

  1. Nice blog post! I think that it a really cool concept that each of the book has a different writer and since you mentioned how the writing style differed I think it would be really cool to see how. I also really liked your summary, as I think it introduces the book pretty well. Since, I am kind of a fan of mysteries, I think I might check this serise out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting! It's odd that there are different authors, but I'm curious to see how that affects the flow of the book. I'm also quite intrigued by the cover art for some reason, with the alternate views of things. The mystery aspect also sounds interesting and exciting, so I'd like to check these books out sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts